Dianne Jacob is a well known author, writer, speaker and educator when it comes to writing about food. She’s authored several books, including the highly popular, Will Write for Food. Now, in its third edition, Dianne Jacob covers more on blogging including starting up your blog and transitioning it from hobby to career. She doesn’t just give one career path, but discusses many available options for food writers besides writing a book or writing for magazines. Photos credit: Dianne Jacob
We caught up with her recently and she answered our burning questions on food writing. The interview was so long we’ve broken it up into 2 parts. The first covers food bloggers and food reviewing. Here are just some of the questions we asked:
- What’s the Key to a Good Blog Title?
- Are you a foodie thinking about a Lifestyle Blog? Find out why this may be a bad idea.
- What pitfall should new bloggers avoid?
- What is she sick of seeing on the web?
- What to do to prepare for a restaurant review?
- What is the news source for food critics? Might surprise you.
Stay tuned for Part 2, Dianne Jacob, Will Write for Food next week…